Major Mixed Use Development planned on site of existing parking lot.
- Over 600 apartments
- 50k sq feet commercial space
- 1,600 spot parking garage
- existing parking lot to be shut down
- station to remain open
- Construction to begin in 2018 and last 3-4 years.
Patriot Ledger June 2017
Station to be closed for approximately 20 months ( starting Jan 2, 2018) for accessibility improvements and site improvements. Entire station will be removed and rebuilt. Trains will continue to run through the station, but not stop for dropoff/pickup. Shuttle busses will move riders to/from Wollaston at "same frequency" as Red Line. Shuttle bus stops will be accessible with shelters, lighting, and snow removal.
- 3 elevators
- 2 escalators
- additional paths to/from
- 2 additional stairways
- energy efficient lighting
- 33 million cost
- station closure Jan 2, 2018 -Summer 2019
Parking Lot Changes:
- 423 parking spots will remain open at Wollaston
- The T feels that there are over 100 additional spots at North Quincy
- Bike Parking will be available at Quincy Center and North Quincy